Your Heavenly Honeymoon in Kenya (Samburu | Masai Mara)
A spectacular 6 night / 7 day honeymoon experiencing the elegant and luxurious Saruni Samburu and Saruni Mara. An extraordinary beginning to your ‘happily-ever-after’ adventure.
This is a spectacular 6 nights / 7 days honeymoon experiencing the elegant and luxurious Saruni Samburu and Saruni Mara. Saruni’s small, intimate lodges offer unmatched romance and complete seclusion in pristine wilderness – the perfect setting for an unforgettable and unique honeymoon. We make a special effort to give the couple exclusive attention all throughout their honeymoon with Saruni.
$9,690 for the couple’s honeymoon in 2018 & $10,200 for the couple in 2019
This package is inclusive of full board accommodation, conservation and park fees, all internal flights and transfers (including taxes), airport meet and greet, temporary Flying Doctors membership, game drives in 4×4 vehicles, soft drinks, beer and house wine and local spirits and laundry.
Additionally, the honeymoon suite at each lodge, 2 half hour complimentary massages for the couple, a private dinner at each lodge and complimentary champagne at each lodge.
Note: We can modify and tailor this itinerary to suit your personal preference. Baggage allowance on internal flights is 15kg per person, preferably in small, soft bags without wheels. Seats on the schedule flights are subject to availability at confirmation.
• Arrive at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, where a Saruni vehicle will transfer you to Wilson Airport for your flight to Samburu.
• Depart Nairobi at 10:20, arriving at Samburu 11:30, where your Saruni Samburu guide will
meet you and transfer you to the lodge, or take you on a game drive.
• Afternoon game drive on Kalama Conservancy exploring over 200,000 acres of pristine
wilderness in total privacy and sundowners with a breath-taking view.
• Early morning game drive into Samburu National Reserve to seek out the Special Five of Samburu: the Reticulated giraffe, the Grevy zebra, the Beisa oryx, the Somali ostrich and the gerenuk, all rare species that occur only in this part of the country, and look for its well known larger game including elephants, lion and leopard. Enjoy a picnic lunch before heading back to the lodg to relax for the afternoon.
• Head out on a private sundowner, just the two of you, with your champagne on ice – a gift from
Saruni – to enjoy on a hilltop overlooking the wide open wilderness and watching the sun sink
• A lantern-lit dinner on your own private balcony awaits you after sunset – toast to full and happy life together under a velvet, star-lit sky.
• Continue to explore the wonders of Samburu with a morning game drive and after lunch
possibly head out on a nature walk discovering animals, plants and the caves in the local area
with rock paintings.
• Enjoy a complimentary half hour massage upon arriving back at the lodge.
• Evening game drive in Kalama Conservancy, the 200,000-acre private wildlife conservancy
in which Saruni Samburu is located, ending with a bush dinner under the stars in the middle of
the wilderness, and a night drive back to the lodge. The Samburu dancing with the warriors,
candles and fire under the vast African skies make this a truly magical experience, and one
of your highlights of your stay.
• Depart Samburu at 09:30 on your flight and arrive in the Masai Mara at 11:00.
• Game drive with a picnic lunch to enjoy under an acacia tree or by the river next to a pod
of hippo’s, or head to Saruni Mara for some rest and an exclusive game drive later in the
afternoon in Mara North Conservancy – over 30,000 acres of plentiful, protected land
bordering the Masai Mara National Reserve. Enjoy a completely different and less-explored
corner of the Mara eco-system in total privacy, brimming with wildlife.
• Relax and unwind at the Maasai Wellbeing Space with a complimentary massage.
• Early morning game drive to look for the big cats and other predators of the Mara,
returning to camp for lunch and treatments at the Masai Wellbeing Space.
• In the afternoon, a game drive will take you to a special area where the biggest herds of giraffe
can be seen, followed by a romantic private dinner on your balcony and an optional night
• Walk in the forest that surrounds Saruni Mara or a game drive up the top of Kilileoni, the
highest mountain in the Serengeti-Maasai Mara ecosystem – lead by your skillful and
knowledgeable Masai guides.
• In the afternoon you will discover more of the Masai Mara National Reserve and experience
first-hand what makes the Mara one of the most exciting wildernesses in the world.
• Weather permitting, experience a bush dinner in the middle of the wilderness under the vast
African sky, with Maasai warriors singing and dancing around the fire.
• Visit the rhino sanctuary in Mara North on the way to the airstrip and to admire once more
the hippos and the crocodiles of the Mara River.
• The flight back to Nairobi leaves the Mara at 11:00 and arrives in Nairobi at 12:20.
• Transfer to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport with Saruni driver and vehicle. Depending on
International flight, stop at the Talisman or Carnivore Restaurant for dinner.